It only takes a few minutes to install Dashly on your website. Once installed, you’ll be able to communicate with visitors on your website.
After you creat a Dashly app for your website, you’ll be redirected to the Battery - Dashly “Onboarding” page.
Just copy the script in Step 1 and paste it right before the closing </head> tag.
Pasted script example:
This script asynchronously downloads a JS library and creates a Dashly global object which is used in API interactions.
Once added, the script starts working automatically on each page, including sub-domains.
You can add Dashly script via Google Tag Manager by following few simple steps. We would recommend you to use this method only as a last resort, since we can't guarantee that the script installed via third-party service will be working without any issues.
- Move to GTM, find "Tags" tab and click "Create".
- Name tag and click change configuration.
- Select "Custom HTML" tag type.
- Copy code from your Dashly admin panel (you can find it in the Battery).
- Paste code to the script box, tick "support document.write() function", move to Tag actvation settings and select "Without restrictions".
- Then click on eddit trigger.
- Select All Pages in opened window.
- Save the changes.
- Go back to "Browse" and click "Send"
- Drag created tag to the version description, set the name and click "Publish".
This is it! Now, when you update your page, you should see Dashly chat at the right bottom of your site (if it isn't hidden in settings).
You need to follow 2 steps and 6 clicks to add Dashly live chat to your Shopify store. After you created account at Dashly and landed to onboarding you just need to copy the script and go to Shopify to Log in as an account owner.
- Go to Themes page
- Find Actions list and open it
- Go to the Edit code page
- On the Edit code page choose your theme layout. Adding the Dashly JS snippet to the layout will install it on every page of your Shopify store.
- Paste Dashly JS snippet between the <head> and </head> tags - it is the best place to install Dashly.
- Save the layout and check your Shopify store, there could be an awesome animated live chat icon.
Modules are alternative to using plain script in case your site is on WooCommerce 3.x.
Modules are preconfigured to be able to track shop events, such as adding a product to cart, viewing product page, making an order, etc.
You can choose a module on the first step of the Battery. There you’ll see an installation instruction.